Monday, January 31, 2011

Which Mobile Phone Is Right For You?

There are a huge range of mobile phones on the market ranging from a 10 GBP phone on a Pay As You Go Contract to hundreds of pounds for a smart phone. The question is, which one is right for you?
A cheap, robust phone on a pay as you go contract is ideal for the accident prone. As someone who frequently breaks my mobile phone by dropping or flooding, I find it hard to contemplate buying anything other than something like this. If I am not breaking my phone, my children are dropping them down the toilet or washing them in the sink. These phones are also some of the best suited to the older generation who are looking for a simple phone with straightforward functionality.
A Wi-Fi phone, 3G smart phone with GPS at the other end of the market is increasingly popular. Whilst your average 8 year old child, might desperately want a smart phone with Wi-Fi, it would seem extremely unwise to buy them one, unless money is no object. There are actually some very cheap (around 15 GBP) touch screen phones available on Pay As You Go, which satisfy most children's need for a phone - they look as swanky as a smart phone, but all the child to do little more than play games and text a friend - the only difference being the touch screen.
If you're going to invest in a smart phone, ensure that you buy yourself a case. My phone sits in the kitchen and unless it is in its case I get nervous. I'm not exaggerating - I have three case for my phone - a leather wallet which I use for my handbag, a waterproof bag that keeps it safe to depths of 5 meters for when I am out in the rain and an arm strap for when I am out on a run and using it as a GPS.

1 comment:

  1. The latest innovation in mobile phones that has been highly popular is Wi-Fi phone. It has greater data retrieval capabilities and wider Internet access. This technology can also be found in laptops. There is no need for telephone lines to connect to the Internet. It is still relatively new and may take a while to become widely accepted. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete